21 April 2016

I made your clothes

The ethical and sustainable fashion brand Etrala London gets involved in Fashion Revolution Day and reveals who are the people behind the scenes in the making of their clothes. 

FASHION REVOLUTION DAY
Who made my clothes?


Marlene Quest. 
I Made your clothes. 

"I am a Professional Seamstress with over 20 Years sewing experience under my belt. I currently teach Fashion, Garment Construction, Pattern Cutting and Bag Making. I sew to a very high standard. I Pattern cut and sample produce and also do small production runs for a number of different Fashion Designers, Etrala London among them. My London studio is fully equipped with an Industrial flatbed, Overlockers, Coverstitch and Buttonholer Machines. I also teach sewing and pattern cutting classes specially designed around each individual's needs and requirements. 
They say If you really enjoy your job, it’s not like working at all!And how true this is..." 



María Rodríguez Liñán.
I designed and made your clothes. 

I graduated in Environmental Engineering in 2006 and completed my MA in Fashion Design in 2011 at IED Madrid
I am Co-founder and Creative Director at the ethical fashion brand Etrala London. I design each collection, search natural and high quality fabrics from the best British suppliers, create some patterns and samples, and produce some of the final designs myself. I have been based in London until 2015 when I moved back to Madrid and set up my new fashion studio and showroom. 

If you want to get in touch with me, please drop me an email to maria@etrala.london

Nice to meet you!

xx Maria. 

Follow me on @EtralaLondon

No comments:

Post a Comment